September 25, 2004

Please pray for...

Post prayer requests here.

Who and what needs prayer? For youths (specific or general), for growth (numerical and spiritual), for guidance, for you, for help...

4 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Blogger m said...

Some things for prayer I can think of:

For Yuet Chi's class to have another adult presence in his class. I believe he has 15 Jordanites and their friends. That's more than a handful for one person.

I personally need prayer. Maybe for encouragement? For direction? More often than not these days, I feel as a teacher that I'm not seeing the vision of how to nurture the teens to becoming more Christ-like. There's no continuity in Bible School and sometimes it feels like I'm just "baby-sitting" the teens during that time. I know this is not true, b/c the majority of my class actually WANTS to come, so that knowledge helps a little bit. But in terms of community/leadership support, I feel there is very little. Hopefully being a part of this Bethel Youth Ministry will provide some of the direction and support I am seeking.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Prayer for Yuet Chi and his class:

Father, thank you for these youths you've brought to Yuet Chi's class. Please help Yuet Chi carry the load; send him help by way of people, encouragement and any other resource that will help Yuet Chi teach and guide his students. Amen

Prayer for May:

Father, thank you for May's burden for the youths in our church. Thank you for her desire to teach and model to others what it's like to desire you, to be more Christ-like. Please continue to guide and encourage her in her work as teacher. Give her a clear vision to inspire and sustain her effort in leading her students to live more and more Christ-like.

My remarks:

May, you're doing great.

Not that I can tell by how and what you're teaching in class, but just the fact that I can tell that your heart is really for these kids. Just like that afternoon at Richmond Centre with Harvey and Daniel (guys not even in your class!)...or those skiing trips you so enthusiastically arrange with Kevin and Andy, Lilian and Caleb(?). It starts from here, I think -- from this "burden" for youths and their growth in Christ. (Where did you get this burden, anyhow?) From these and many other things, I know that you're definitely on the right track and that God is using you very integrally in the growth of many of the Bethel youths.

As for "vision" and "direction" and things of the sort -- I'm, very often, at a loss too. I too wonder if I'm actually making a difference, whether what I'm teaching actually translates into anything significant. I'm not talking about "how" I teach; more about "what" I teach. And, from what I gather, I hear that's what you (May) are saying also.

Let's together pray help in this aspect of our teaching. Let's also share whatever resources or ideas, visions or "nudgings" we might get from the Spirit.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Please pray for Albert (of Joseph Fellowship). In my times together with him, I've talked to him about accepting Christ as Saviour. He's not ready yet...but he's open to it. Please pray that God will make him even more open to it, and that he'd be ultimately willing to give his life to Jesus.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger m said...

Gracious God,

We thank you for bringing Albert to our church and for reminders about of who you are and your calling to us through our relationships with him. You know that Albert hears you knocking on his door persistently and we pray that he continues to seek after you whether at school, church, in his family circumstances, that he doesn't give up seeking for you when things are difficult. We trust that you will provide him whatever he needs to be drawn to you and that you will show us how to care and disciple him when he is ready to commit his life to you. We pray this in Jesus's name, Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home