October 15, 2004

Finding Leaders for Tomorrow's Churches

Finding Leaders for Tomorrow's Churches is general guide to leadership development for various age groups. Have a look at the section on "Youth" and see what you think.

My two cents: although we are lacking in resources (time, knowledge, human, etc.), developing leadership among the youths is something we need to consider sooner or later. There's great potential with the Jordan and Joseph teens. I think because we didn't invest in the previous "generation" of teens the same way, we might have missed some opportunites with Samuel and Daniel.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I read through the guide and it's excellent. (Not only would it be helpful for developing "youth" leaders from within our fellowships, it's helpful for EM and Bethel as a whole.)

I agree with your "two cents," May. Question: how do we develop the potential leaders we already see? Setting up a "program" might be helpful but not feasible. But if we incorporate this into our plan in our "one-to-one mentoring" time, this would help us focus, or strategize.

Hmmm...sounds to "planned." What are your thoughts...anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home