Fundraiser Idea from Grace
Grace and I were MSN'ing and she thought doing an Iron Chef for a fundraiser could work. I don't know what's happening exactly with the Sandwich Ministry, but this could be a good way to bring some attention (and funds) to it as a start. She's pretty keen on getting involved in this (with adult guidance); apparently some of these teens could use 30 hours of leadership for their courses. This is partly a Square Table item, but where it involves us is that the idea came from one of the youths that we serve. What do you all think?
1 Comments:
I like the fact that Grace wants to pitch in with the Sandwich Ministry. I also like her idea of raising awareness and funds for the Sandwich Ministry.
If she's willing to head this up (with guidance) then it would show that Yes! a Teen can make a difference in our church - and that could definitely say a lot! It would also give her and other teens ownership of this ministry. Other teens may very well be inspired, not to mention a few of us "wiser" ones too!
As for what is happening with the Sandwich Ministry, our mission for this ministry is presently inward focused: It's meant to give members of Bethel an opportunity to do good works. Yes, we are intending to provide relief for people downtown, but we have no plan or strategy to systematically help these people out of poverty, addiction and homelessness. We might in the future, as we rethink this ministry, but for now, it's simply relief/good works.
If the vision and goals of this Iron Chef fundraiser can be refined more, I think it's a definite possibility. I also agree this could be a Square Table item, but if the wheels can keep moving now, there might be less to wonder about come meeting time. Bounce more ideas!?
Post a Comment
<< Home